Aviso Wealth (Formerly Qtrade Financial Group)
June 2016 - Present
- Chosen by the management team to be the lead developer on four business critical projects
- Lead a large team to successfully deliver Qtrades Robo-advisor platform -
VirtualWealth. This project ensured Qtrades
entrance in the growing Robo-advisors market.
- Lead a large team to successfully deliver an updated fully online application process for
investor platform -
Qtrade.ca. This new application process
has been a huge success for the company and has enabled Qtrade to process over three times
the volume of new applications compared to their old system. The
new system supports eid and esignature to reduce completion time of applications. Scrum
master for multiple projects within Qtrade.
- Heavily involved in system architecture design and choice of technology stack to ensure the
to meet its future needs.
- Extensive experience working directly with the Business team, marketing team, project
and QA team to ensure the development team has everything they need to successfully deliver
Orbital Technologies Ltd.
October 2011 - Present
- Provide consulting and development services to numerous client companies.
- Through Orbital I have contracted to multiple clients both working remotely and onsite.
- Extensive experience being the initial point of contact with clients as well as growing the
development team as needed during the project life cycles.
- Within Orbital itself I have been involved in the review of potential projects for new
clients to determine their suitability given available skill sets and timelines.
- Key member involved in the hiring and interviewing of new developers. Provide mentoring to
developers to ensure they can grow successfully grow and improve their skills.
March 2016 - June 2016
- Senior developer in large team working on Microsoft's Next Generation Volume Licensing
- Technologies used: .Net, C#, ASP MVC, WCF, Web API, SQL Server.
August 2015 - December 2015
- Worked with a small self directed team of developers to deliver a custom desktop application
for Avigilons business needs within a very short time frame.
- This application was critical to reducing the amount of time that onsite installers need to
configure large volumes of IP cameras thus reducing cost.
- The application allowed bulk configuration of IP cameras from anywhere on a network.
- The team was commended by the Avigilon management team for requiring very little oversight
but still keeping stakeholders up to date on progress through bi-weekly demos.
- Technologies used: .Net, C#, WPF, WCF, Mercurial.
November 2013 - August 2015
- Team lead of 5 developers working on improving and maintaining the server backend for the WD
My Cloud personal cloud storage devices.
- Conducted extensive research to determine suitable Single Sign On provider.
- Integration of Ping Federate to support Single Sign On using SAML.
- Responsible for estimation, scheduling and documentation of all project features.
Avarto Systems North America
October 2011 - November 2013
- Team lead for four developers working on implementation and support of eCommerce sites for
Intel and Lenovo.
- Design and development of the Intel Driver download application which scans machines to
determine what driver updates are available based on the machines hardware.
- Technologies used: ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server, WPF
February 2010 - October 2011
- Involved in the continued development of back-end systems, and support tools, for a major
online poker network, Cake Poker, based on the .Net platform with a SQL Server 2008
- Key member of the technical excellence group having an aim to increase code quality across
the company through
increasing TDD usage, unit test coverage, code reviews and pair programming.
- Involved in fostering agile software development practices within the company following
- Participate in a group that determine the technical direction of the company, focusing on
moving towards an SOA-based system.
- Worked within a agile team of three developers to architect, design and develop a scalable,
highly available and highly distributed gaming platform, with an aim to support up to
250,000 concurrent users.
- Technologies used: .NET 4, C#, WCF SOAP Services, ASP.Net MVC 2, JQuery, LINQ to SQL, SQL
Server, MongoDB, ActiveMQ, WPF.
Electronic Arts (EA)
September 2006 - December 2009
- Involved in the development of tools and technology that aid in reducing the development
cost of next-generation games on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii.
- Key member in setting up a new low-cost development studio in India.
- Traveled to and worked in India for one month to participate in the staff recruitment
process and the training of new hires.
- Mentored a team of six junior software engineers.
- Technologies used: C#, C++, SQL Server, WPF.
July 2003 - June 2006
- QA Automation tool development.
- Technologies used: C#, C++, Java, Perl.
January 2001 - September 2001
- Co-operative work placement.